Artsadmin’s Artists’ Bursary Scheme has been running since 1998 and has supported over 200 artists working in contemporary performance practices.
The next round of the Artists’ Bursary Scheme is made possible with support from Arts Council England, Live Art UK Diverse Actions programme and generous individual donations to Artsadmin.
his year, the Bursary scheme will offer a maximum of six bursaries to UK-based artists at any stage in their career working in live art, contemporary performance and interdisciplinary practice. At least three of these Bursaries will be awarded to Artists of Colour as part of Live Art UK’s Diverse Actions programme.
Facilitated by Artsadmin’s artist support team, the Bursary offer includes:
- Cash award of £4,000
- Regular meetings with the Artsadmin team between April 2020 – March 2021 to discuss and develop artistic and professional interests
- £300 mentoring budget to work with another artist, a critical thinker or dramaturg
- £200 budget to go and see work, which can cover travel, visas or ticket costs
- £200 budget for well-being, to be spent at the discretion of the artist
- A week-long studio residency at Toynbee Studios
- An invitation to present work in a Bursary Showcase at Toynbee Studios, with budget for access, technical, documentation and marketing
- A fund for travel to attend meetings at Toynbee Studios if based outside London
- A hotdesking scheme for Bursary Artists in the Artsadmin office at Toynbee Studios for the duration of the Bursary
- Advocacy and marketing support in the form of profile on Artsadmin’s website, social media and print and advice on strategic outreach
- Support for access requirements
For more details and how to apply please see the scheme’s website https://www.artsadmin.co.uk/artist-development/awards-further-support/artists-bursary-scheme. The deadline is Monday 3 February at 10am.